2017 Health Careers Scholarship Graduate and Undergraduate Criteria
The Health Research and Educational Trust of New Jersey (HRET), an af liate of the New Jersey Hospital Association (NJHA), believes it is particularly important to encourage and enable New Jersey residents to pursue health careers and, therefore, has established a scholarship fund to assist in meeting this need. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
In recognition of the rising cost of higher education, and in cooperation with HRET, NJHA will provide grants for nancial support (minimum of $2,000 each to one or more applicants) to selected students who are enrolled in the following programs:
- ► Graduate study in hospital or healthcare administration, public administration, graduate study in Nursing or other Allied Health Profession
- ► Junior or senior year undergraduate study in hospital or healthcare administration, public administration, Nursing or other Allied Health Profession
- ► Graduate student pursuing an advanced degree to prepare to teach in Nursing. This grant will assist the applicant in attaining an advanced degree to join the faculty of an accredited teaching institution.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a New Jersey resident
- Have been accepted in a graduate or under- graduate (junior and seniors only) program in hospital or healthcare administration or a grad- uate or undergraduate (junior or senior only) program in Nursing or Allied Health Profession
- Have maintained a grade point average of at least 3.0 (on a 4 point system or equivalent)
- Demonstration of nancial need with a FAFSA document, including applicant’s Student Aid Report (SAR).
How To Apply:
- ► Provide a two-page essay detailing your aca- demic plans for the future and substantiating the above eligibility requirements have been met. Essays will be 50 percent of the judging criteria.
- ► Provide one letter of recommendation from the head of the program in which the student is enrolled or from a current supervisor.
- ► Provide an of cial transcript (online transcript copies are not accepted).
- ► Provide applicant’s FAFSA application, including the SAR, for the previous year.
- ► Provide a current address, phone number and email address.
COMPLETED APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY September 18, 2017
Incomplete applications will NOT be considered. Scholarship(s) will be awarded in October 2017.
Send completed applications to:
Health Research and Educational Trust of New Jersey, Scholarship Program PO Box 1 | Princeton, NJ 08543-0001
Attention: Debbie Furchak
For more information (609) 275-4072
If using Fed Ex or UPS, 760 Alexander Road | Princeton, NJ 08540